Turkish Delight is one of the most known things about our culture and food by the toursits who came to visit our country.
But Today the recipe I am sharing is not the real one but it is as delicious as the real turkish delight. That is made from active
dry yeast. This recipe is really a traditinal recipe that is from my mum's granma's who lived in a village called Ereğli that
is nearly 130 km away from İstanbul (famous for fishing).
Here is the ingredients:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 packet insant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 1 cup walnut
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 3-4 tablespoon sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
How to make:
- Heat the water a little and put the milk , instant dry yeast and sugar inside and let it fermente nearly 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt and with a hook mix it in a mixing bowl.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rise and fermente in a warm place nearly 30 minutes.
- Put the filling ingredients ina small mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough gently with a little flour and make 3 rolls.
- With a rolling pin, turn the dough as thin as you can. And with a spoon put nearly a spoonful of olive oil all over the dough.
- Put the filling all over the dough and roll it.
- With a knive, cut the dough nearly 5 cm long and put upside down on to the tray that is oiled before.
- Put all the small rolls onto the tray till you finish the rest of the dough repeating the same steps.
- Preheat the oven 175 degree centigrate.
- Cook it nearly 35-45 minutes.
- You can serve it when it is a little bit warm with a cup of tea or coffee.